Human Rights Body Seeks Report on Assault of Journalist in UP's Shamli
The National Human Rights Commission sought a detailed report from the DGP on the attack of a journalist in Shamli, including action taken against the guilty public servants and the status of the FIR registered against them, an NHRC press note said.
Lucknow: Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Friday issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh DGP, seeking a report within four weeks on the assault of a TV journalist in Shamli on June 11.
The human rights body sought a detailed report from the DGP, including action taken against the guilty public servants and the status of the FIR registered against them, an NHRC press note said.
In its notice, the NHRC said just a few hours after the Supreme Court ordered the release of a journalist, Amit Sharma was brutally assaulted by an SHO of the Government Railway Police.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Lite Servers Out For Maintenance, Beta Version Arriving Soon in India
- Fans Want to Replace Donald Trump's Star with Carrie Fisher's on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Jeff Bezos Sees Lunar Ice Reservoir as Potential Rocket Fuel Source
- Kia Seltos SUV Unveiled in India, Gets Connectivity Features and 10.25-inch Touchscreen
- Ranveer Singh Gets Legal Notice from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Advocate Paul Heyman
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s