Husband, in-laws Booked Over Instant Triple Talaq, Dowry Charges in Muzaffarnagar
According to the complaint, Shahvaiz and his other family members has been harassing the woman over dowry.
Picture for representational purposes. (Getty Images)
Muzaffarnagar: A case has been registered against a man for allegedly giving instant triple talaq to a woman in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district, police said on Friday
According to the complaint, Shahvaiz and his other family members has been harassing the woman over dowry. The accused, a resident of Thana Bhawan town of neighbouring Shamli district, came to the woman's parental house in Purkazi gave her instant triple talaq on Monday.
The couple got married last December. Cases have been registered on Thursday against Shahvaiz, his mother, brother, sister, brother-in-law under the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act and the Dowry Prohibition Act, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022