Hyderabad Ragpicker Suffers Serious Burn Injuries as the Unclaimed Bag He Was Opening Exploded
The incident occurred when the man was opening a bag containing the chemical substance near a pavement when it exploded, police said,
Hyderabad: A 40-year-old man was injured in a suspected chemical explosion here on Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred when the man was opening a bag containing the chemical substance near a pavement when it exploded, they said, adding he sustained serious burns on both his hands and had to be hospitalised.
Deputy Commissioner of Police N Prakash Reddy said the victim is a beggar and ragpicker. The official clarified that it was not a bomb explosion and said the police were verifying from where he brought the chemical substance and also what kind of chemical it was.
Police and experts rushed to the spot and were further investigating.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- Nach Baliye 9: Raveena Tandon Confronts Shantanu Maheshwari Over Claims of Bias
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'