All Accused in Hyderabad Vet Rape & Murder Should be Hanged Publicly: Chief of All India Organisation of Imams
Umer Ahmed Ilyasi made these remarks at the Gita Festival in presence of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Union minister Smriti Irani and Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla.
Illustration by Mir Suhail
New Delhi: All India Organisation of Imams' head Umer Ahmed Ilyasi on Sunday demanded public hanging of those behind the recent rape and murder of a veterinary doctor in Hyderabad.
He made these remarks at the Gita Festival in presence of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Union minister Smriti Irani and Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla.
The programme is being held at the historic Red Fort.
Ilyasi, the chief imams, who shared the dias with Bhagwat at the event on holy Hindu book Gita, said that by not celebrating Ayodhaya verdict, Hindus in the country showed they are sensible towards the sentiments of Muslims.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Airtel Has Three New Prepaid Recharge Packs With Unlimited Voice Calls
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rages on Pitch Invaders After Scoring in Juventus' Champions League Win
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders