Hyderabad Woman Dies under Suspicious Circumstances in US
Relatives claimed the woman committed suicide by consuming some tablets. However, the police said they could not take up the case immediately as it happened in another country.
Image for representation.
Hyderabad: A 38-year-old married woman from the city allegedly committed suicide at her house in North Carolina in the US, relatives claimed on Monday.
The woman, Vanitha, from Nagole was married to R Shivakumar about 15 years ago and was living there. A police official said they received a complaint from her father Ganjam Krishnaiah that Vanitha went to the US in June and they were informed by friends about her death on Friday morning.
Relatives claimed the woman committed suicide by consuming some tablets. However, the police said they could not take up the case immediately as it happened in another country. "We are seeking legal opinion," the official said.
The family requested police help in bringing back the body to Hyderabad.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Lady Gaga Tweets in Sanskrit, Indian Fans Respond with 'Jai Shri Ram'
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- ISL 2019-20: Bengaluru FC Begin Title Defence Against NorthEast United at Home
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699