Hyderabad Woman Sent to Jail for a Year for Thrashing Toddler Daughter in Drunken State
Based on a complaint filed by a child protection officer, police on December 1, 2016, had filed a case against the woman for beating her child who was just one and half years old at that time in a drunken state publicly.
Image for representation.
Hyderabad: A court here has sentenced a woman to one-year imprisonment for hitting her daughter in an inebriated state two years ago.
Based on a complaint filed by a child protection officer, police on December 1, 2016 had filed a case against the woman for beating her child who was just one and half years old at that time in a drunken state publicly, a police release said on Tuesday.
The girl was severely injured prompting the official to lodge a complaint against the mother, a vendor, and two of her accomplices, the release said.
The Metropolitan Magistrate Court at Malkajgiri also imposed Rs 1,150 as fine on the woman, it said.
The other two were sentenced to three months rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs 250 each.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Telugu Actor Manchu Manoj Confirms Divorce with Wife Pranathi Reddy
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Video of Man Dancing With Two Guns Goes Viral, Uttarakhand Police to Investigate Case
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football