I Am Not Against Brahmans, But Brahminism and Casteism: Baba Ramdev
Responding to the topic of how heritage was appropriated by some sections in society, Ramdev said that some people forcefully became the custodians of the Vedas.
Spiritual leader Sadhguru and yoga guru Ramdev at the Rising India Summit 2019 in New Delhi. (Image: News18)
New Delhi: The question of how elites always got the benefits of yoga, while the masses were deprived of the heritage came up at a session of News18 Network’s Rising India Summit 2019.
The session, titled ‘New Mantras for India’ was moderated by CBFC chairperson and screenwriter Prasoon Joshi with Sadhguru Vasudev Jaggi and Baba Ramdev giving their insights on various issues related to religion and spirituality.
Responding to the topic of how heritage was appropriated by some sections in society, Ramdev said, "Some people forcefully became the custodians of the Vedas. But it belongs to all of us. I am not against Brahmans, but Brahminism. I am against casteism, communalism and feudalism."
Stating that while prosperity in life, mind, body and senses are ‘bhoga’, yoga is the invisible part, the yoga guru stressed the need for a blend of both for a rising India.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: The Echo Show 5 Goes on Sale For Rs 5,399 And This May be Its Lowest Price Ever
- Katrina Kaif Flaunts Her Svelte Frame as She Stuns in This Colourful Bikini
- Gauri Khan and Son AbRam Visit Bandra's Mount Mary Church for Sunday Mass
- World Cup Final | Brutal for Kiwis to be Called Vanquished Without Being Beaten…Twice
- I'm Probably Most Hated Father in New Zealand - Stokes' Dad Reacts After Win