I Am Not Against Brahmans, But Brahminism and Casteism: Baba Ramdev
Responding to the topic of how heritage was appropriated by some sections in society, Ramdev said that some people forcefully became the custodians of the Vedas.
Spiritual leader Sadhguru and yoga guru Ramdev at the Rising India Summit 2019 in New Delhi. (Image: News18)
New Delhi: The question of how elites always got the benefits of yoga, while the masses were deprived of the heritage came up at a session of News18 Network’s Rising India Summit 2019.
The session, titled ‘New Mantras for India’ was moderated by CBFC chairperson and screenwriter Prasoon Joshi with Sadhguru Vasudev Jaggi and Baba Ramdev giving their insights on various issues related to religion and spirituality.
Responding to the topic of how heritage was appropriated by some sections in society, Ramdev said, "Some people forcefully became the custodians of the Vedas. But it belongs to all of us. I am not against Brahmans, but Brahminism. I am against casteism, communalism and feudalism."
Stating that while prosperity in life, mind, body and senses are ‘bhoga’, yoga is the invisible part, the yoga guru stressed the need for a blend of both for a rising India.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Why Doesn't Jennifer Aniston Have a Better Phone Camera, Ask Fans After Viral 'Friends' Selfie
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 16 Written Updates: Asim Gets Aggressive and Tries to Pull Rashami Out of Bed
- Watch: Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media