I-T Attaches Gurgaon Hotel Worth Rs 150 Crore as Benami Asset of Congress Leader Kuldeep Bishnoi
The Delhi benami prohibition unit of the department has issued an order for attachment of the hotel property.
File photo of Kuldeep Bishnoi. (Pic: Kuldeep Bishnoi/Twitter)
New Delhi: A hotel worth Rs 150 crore in a prime business space in Gurgaon has been attached by the Income-tax department as a "benami" asset of Haryana Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi and his brother, official sources said on Tuesday.
They said the Delhi benami prohibition unit of the department has issued an order for attachment of the hotel property.
The order has been issued under section 24(3) of the Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988, they said.
The department had conducted extensive searches against Bishnoi and his family in July this year on charges of tax evasion.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes