IAF Jaguar Pilot Prevents Crash After Bird Hit, Drops Fuel Tanks and Practice Bombs
The IAF pilot managed to land the jet safely at the Ambala airbase and small practice bombs dropped by the aircraft have been recovered.
Thick smoke can be seen billowing after the practice bombs were dropped. (Image: ANI)
Ambala: It was a narrow escape for an Indian Air Force Jaguar pilot on Thursday as he jettisoned fuel tanks of his aircraft after one of his engines failed on being hit by a bird.
The IAF pilot managed to land the jet safely at the Ambala airbase.
A visual of the bombs recovered.
Small practice bombs that were jettisoned by his aircraft have also been recovered.
There are no reports of casualties yet.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting
- Watch | Son Heung-min Scores Solo Stunner as Tottenham Hotspur Crush Burnley 5-0
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Goa Women's League 2019: Bidesh XI SC Seal IWL Qualification With a Match Left
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market