IAF Jawan Shoots Himself Dead at Kasauli Air Force Station in Himachal Pradesh
Solan Additional superintendent of police Shiv Kumar said that Leading Air Craftman (LAC) Krishnendu Chowdhary shot himself with his service rifle when he was on sentry duty at Kasauli Air Force Station on Tuesday evening.
Shimla: A 24-year-old Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in Himachal Pradesh's Solan district, the police said on Wednesday.
Leading Air Craftman (LAC) Krishnendu Chowdhary shot himself with his service rifle when he was on sentry duty at Kasauli Air Force Station on Tuesday evening, Solan Additional superintendent of police Shiv Kumar said.
No suicide note was recovered from the spot and the police were trying to ascertain the reason that forced Chowdhary, a resident of Tripura's Gomti district, to take the extreme step, they said.
The body has been sent to the government hospital for postmortem, Kumar said, adding that a first information report (FIR) has been filed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022