IAF Pilot Killed, NCC Cadet Injured After Trainer Aircraft Crashes in Patiala's Cantonment Area
The two-seater aircraft crashed soon after it took off from the Patiala Aviation Club airport.
The trainer aircraft crashed soon after taking off from the Patiala Aviation Club airport on Monday. (Twitter/ANI)
Patiala: An Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot was killed and an NCC cadet was injured after a trainer aircraft crashed in Patiala’s Army cantonment area on Monday.
The aircraft, a Slovenian Pipistrel Virus SW 80, crashed soon after it took off from the Patiala Aviation Club airport, killing Wing Commander GS Cheema, an official spokesperson said.
“Wing Commander Cheema was on deputation at an NCC unit here. In the crash of the two-seater aircraft, an NCC cadet by the name Vipin Kumar Yadav of Mohindra College of Patiala has sustained injuries,” the official added.
An inquiry has been ordered by the IAF to ascertain the cause of the accident, the spokesperson said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 8 Gets A+ Rating by DisplayMate, 120Hz Refresh Rate Expected
- Apple iPhone 11 Now Reportedly Cheaper by Rs 17,000 in China — Will India Follow Suit?
- Childhood Pic of Deepika Padukone Flashing Toothless Smile Surfaces Online, See Here
- Saif Ali Khan is Coaxing Kareena Kapoor to Teach Him Yoga During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Premier League Suspended Indefinitely, Will Return Only When 'Safe and Appropriate'; Push for Wage Cut