IAF's MiG 27 Aircraft Crashes near Rajasthan's Jodhpur, Pilot Ejects Safely
The MiG 27 UPG jet took off from Utarlai air force base, but reportedly experienced engine problems leading to the crash around 11.45am in Sirohi district about 120km south of Jodhpur.
Jodhpur: A MiG 27 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed on Sunday near Jodhpur in Rajasthan but the pilot ejected safely, sources said.
The MiG 27 UPG jet took off from Utarlai air force base, but experienced engine problems leading to the crash around 11.45am in Sirohi district about 120km south of Jodhpur, they said.
The sources said a court of inquiry has been ordered to look into the cause of the accident. Preliminary reports indicate no loss of life and property on ground.
The jet was on a routine mission, they said.
The fighter aircraft crashed in the Shivganj police station area near Godana dam in Sirohi district. Police and administrative officials have reached the spot to cordon off the area, said Sirohi district SP Kalyan Mal Meena.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Shows How to Stretch in Her Monday Motivation Pics, See Here
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day