IAF's MiG-27 Fighter Jet Crashes in Jodhpur, Pilot Ejects Safely
The aircraft had taken off from the IAF's Jodhpur airbase. No loss of life has been reported in the crash.
Jaipur: A MiG-27 fighter jet of the Indian Air Force crashed in Jodhpur's Banad area during a routine mission on Tuesday. The pilot ejected to safety, defence spokesperson Colonel Sombit Ghosh said.
The aircraft had taken off from the IAF's Jodhpur airbase.
"A MiG-27 aircraft airborne from Jodhpur crashed during a routine mission today (Tuesday) morning. The pilot ejected safely. A Court of Inquiry will investigate the cause of the incident," he said.
Deputy Commissioner, Jodhpur, Amandeep Singh said no loss of life has been reported in the crash.
Singh and other police officials have reached the spot and cordoned off the area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]