IAF's MiG-27 Fighter Jet Crashes in Jodhpur, Pilot Ejects Safely
The aircraft had taken off from the IAF's Jodhpur airbase. No loss of life has been reported in the crash.
Jaipur: A MiG-27 fighter jet of the Indian Air Force crashed in Jodhpur's Banad area during a routine mission on Tuesday. The pilot ejected to safety, defence spokesperson Colonel Sombit Ghosh said.
The aircraft had taken off from the IAF's Jodhpur airbase.
"A MiG-27 aircraft airborne from Jodhpur crashed during a routine mission today (Tuesday) morning. The pilot ejected safely. A Court of Inquiry will investigate the cause of the incident," he said.
Deputy Commissioner, Jodhpur, Amandeep Singh said no loss of life has been reported in the crash.
Singh and other police officials have reached the spot and cordoned off the area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Indians Pay More For Mobile & Broadband, if Subscriptions For Netflix And More Are Bundled
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- IndiGo Offering Discounted Tickets at Just Rs 3,499 for International Flights
- UK is Investing Billions in Supercomputers, For Weather, Storm Prediction, AI And More
- Nusrat Jahan, Dev, Jeet Gannguli, Arindam Sil Mourn Death of Veteran Bengali Actor Tapas Pal