IAF's Su-30MKI Aircraft Crashes in Open Field Near Tezpur, Both Pilots Eject Safely
The fighter jet had taken off from the Tezpur air-base on a routine training mission and crashed around 8pm in the "local flying area". There was no loss of life and property on the ground, said a defence official.
The plane crashed in an open field and went up in flames. (News18)
Guwahati: A Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed in a paddy field near Tezpur on Thursday evening. Both the pilots were said to have ejected safely and rushed to the 155 Base Hospital in Tezpur.
The fighter jet had taken off from the Tezpur air-base on a routine training mission and crashed around 8pm in the "local flying area".
“The plane crashed in an open field, a kilometre ahead of Milanpur hospital. There was no loss of life and property on the ground,” said Defence Public Relations Officer Lieutenant Colonel Harshvardhan Pande. Sources said one of the pilots suffered grievous injuries.
People gathered around the area as the aircraft went up in flames. A court of inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of accident. Fire tenders also rushed to the spot.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh's Super Romantic Reply to Deepika Padukone's Comment on His Photo is Winning Hearts
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right