IAF's Su-30MKI Aircraft Crashes in Open Field Near Tezpur, Both Pilots Eject Safely
The fighter jet had taken off from the Tezpur air-base on a routine training mission and crashed around 8pm in the "local flying area". There was no loss of life and property on the ground, said a defence official.
The plane crashed in an open field and went up in flames. (News18)
Guwahati: A Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed in a paddy field near Tezpur on Thursday evening. Both the pilots were said to have ejected safely and rushed to the 155 Base Hospital in Tezpur.
The fighter jet had taken off from the Tezpur air-base on a routine training mission and crashed around 8pm in the "local flying area".
“The plane crashed in an open field, a kilometre ahead of Milanpur hospital. There was no loss of life and property on the ground,” said Defence Public Relations Officer Lieutenant Colonel Harshvardhan Pande. Sources said one of the pilots suffered grievous injuries.
People gathered around the area as the aircraft went up in flames. A court of inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of accident. Fire tenders also rushed to the spot.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Kunal Kamra Asks Maanvi Gagroo to Drop Acting and Do Stand-Up Comedy, Actress Has a Witty Response
- Xiaomi Phones Will Now Cost You More Than Before: Here is Why
- This Pic of Reel Life Ram Arun Govil Watching Ramayan With His Family Goes Viral
- Realme to Increase Price of its Smartphone Range Post GST Revision
- Delhi Police Dons Harry Potter's 'Invisibility Cloak' to Show They're Omnipresent to Curb Fake News