IIT-Kanpur Student Alleges IAF Officer Raped Her at Hostel
The girl claimed that she had come close to Sitanshu through social networking site Facebook about a year back. Since then they kept in touch with each other through social media.
Representative image. (News18 Creatives)
Kanpur (UP): An IIT-Kanpur girl student has accused an Indian Air Force officer of raping her repeatedly after promising marriage.
She alleged in her FIR lodged on Wednesday that she was raped by the officer at the girl's hostel of the institute, Circle Officer (Kalyanpur), Navin Kumar Singh said on Thursday.
He said the case was lodged under IPC sections 376 (rape), 354B (criminal force with intent to disrobe women), 120B (criminal conspiracy), 504 (intentional insult), and 506 (criminal intimidation).
She has named the IAF officer, a resident of Saran district in Bihar, his friend, sister and brother-in-law in the FIR.
The CO said investigation is on, but no arrest has been made.
The girl will be produced before the magistrate concerned for recording of her statements under section 164 of CrPC. The girl claimed that she had come close to Sitanshu through social networking site Facebook about a year back. Since then they kept in touch with each other through social media, he said.
A few months back, Sitanshu proposed marriage and started visiting the girl's hostel of IIT-K and allegedly raped her repeatedly, the CO added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Tennis Fraternity Responds to Roger Federer's Challenge, Andy Murray Increases Difficulty Level
- Amitabh Bachchan Misses Wife Jaya on Her Birthday as She is Stuck in Delhi
- Hina Khan is Proud of Her First Ever 'Phooli Hui Poori' But Fans Think it is a Bhatura
- PUBG Mobile Season 13 Royale Pass Leaks: Toy Playground Theme, Rewards, Launch Date and More
- Zoom Alternatives: Best Video Calling Apps That Don't Sacrifice Your Data and Privacy