In 10 Years, India Can Set Up Factory on Moon, Get Helium-3 to Earth, Says Father of BrahMos
Pillai said India's base on Moon will also 'become a hub for future launches' for missions to other planets in the solar system.
New Delhi: Former DRDO scientist A Sivathanu Pillai has claimed India will be able to set up a base on the surface of Moon in ten years for extraction of the Helium-3.
Speaking to the "War and Peace" programme on DD News, Pillai said, "In space programme, we are one of the four countries that has complete mastery over technology."
Pillai, who had spearheaded the Brahmos Missiles programme, said, "India will be able to set up a factory on Moon to process huge reserves of precious raw material and bring the extracted Helium-3 to Earth," a statement by War and Peace said.
Helium-3 will be the new energy material for future, he said.
Helium-3 is a non radioactive material that can produce 100 times more energy than Uranium.
Pillai said India's base on Moon will also "become a hub for future launches" for missions to other planets in the solar system.
He said, "Now, there are interests from the US, Russia and China to create base on Moon, (so) India will naturally follow".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough