In a Bizarre Incident, Bees Delay Agartala-bound Air India Flight
The plane with 136 passengers and crew members on board the AI 743 flight was scheduled to depart at 9.40 am.
For Representation. (Photo Courtesy: Twitter)
Kolkata: A Kolkata-Agartala Air India flight was delayed for around two hours on Sunday after a swarm of bees was noticed in front of the aircraft while it was taxiing towards the main runway here, an airlines official said.
The plane with 136 passengers and crew members on board the AI 743 flight was scheduled to depart at 9.40 am. The bees were noticed by the pilots when the Airbus A319 was moving towards the runway for the take-off.
The pilots brought the aircraft to a standstill as further movement could have damaged the plane and harmed the passengers if the bees entered it through the engines, the Air India spokesperson said.
Fire services personnel were called to tackle the problem. It was found that the bees did not enter the air craft nor any damage was caused to the plane.
Before this incident, the flight had been delayed for some time due to a technical snag. The plane finally embarked for the Tripura capital at 12.45 pm.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Malaika Arora Shows How to Stretch in Her Monday Motivation Pics, See Here
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- This Airline's All-Women Crew Flew 120 Young Girls to NASA to Promote Gender Equality
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz