Mahout Gets Sandwiched Between Elephant and Ground While Giving it a Bath
Mahout body has been sent for a postmortem. The elephant is owned by a hospital group in the city.
Representative image. (Image: AP)
Kottayam: In a freak incident, a mahout was crushed to death when his elephant lay on its side pinning him to the ground, police said here Sunday.
Arun Panicker, 40, ordered the elephant to lie down for its bath, but it mistook his instruction and lay down on the side where he was standing instead of on the other side. As a result, Panicker got sandwiched between the animal and the ground, the police said.
He died on the spot, they said. His body has been sent for a postmortem. The elephant is owned by a hospital group in the city.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma