Mahout Gets Sandwiched Between Elephant and Ground While Giving it a Bath
Mahout body has been sent for a postmortem. The elephant is owned by a hospital group in the city.
Representative image. (Image: AP)
Kottayam: In a freak incident, a mahout was crushed to death when his elephant lay on its side pinning him to the ground, police said here Sunday.
Arun Panicker, 40, ordered the elephant to lie down for its bath, but it mistook his instruction and lay down on the side where he was standing instead of on the other side. As a result, Panicker got sandwiched between the animal and the ground, the police said.
He died on the spot, they said. His body has been sent for a postmortem. The elephant is owned by a hospital group in the city.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Ajay Devgn Reacts to Report About Daughter Nysa Testing Positive for Coronavirus
- Houseparty App May Not Have Been Hacked, But it Still Violates Your Privacy
- Microsoft 365 is Indicative of a New Direction Where Microsoft is All About Consumers
- Reliance Jio ‘Recharge at ATM’ Service Announced: Here’s How to Use it
- What’s At Stake For India That Put Its Billion People Under Lockdown | Crux+