195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
In Case of Farmer's Death, Bengal Govt to Pay Kin Rs 2 Lakh, Announces Mamata
Under the same scheme, farmers will also get Rs 2,500 twice a year for growing a single crop per acre.
Illustration by Mir Suhail/ News18.com.
Kolkata: The West Bengal government will pay Rs 2 lakh in case of death of a farmer, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced Monday.
The money will be paid to the family in death case of any peasants aged between 18-60 years under 'Krishi Krishak Bandhu' scheme, which will come into effect on January 1.
"We have a total of 72 lakh farmer families in the state. We do not want them to suffer. We will start the scheme from tomorrow and the farmers will be able to start applying from February," Banerjee said.
Under the same scheme, farmers will also get Rs 2,500 twice a year for growing a single crop per acre, she said.
"We will spend over hundreds of crores of rupees for the peasants under this scheme," she said.
The state government will spend the money from the budgetary allocation of the agriculture department, Banerjee added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You