In Freak Mishap, 15-Year-Old Mumbai Girl Dies after Bathroom Geyser Emits Carbon Monoxide
Dhruvi Gohil was having a bath on January 5 morning in her Borivali West flat when the incident happened. She was on ventilator support and died on January 10, which also happened to be her birthday.
Mumbai: A 15-year-old girl died in a freak mishap in Mumbai's Borivali area of carbon monoxide poisoning after oxygen levels in her bathroom dropped due to emission from a geyser, a doctor said on Tuesday.
Dhruvi Gohil was having a bath on January 5 morning in her Borivali West flat when the incident happened, an official said.
"Her parents noticed she was taking a lot of time and started knocking on the bathroom door. When they did not get an answer, they broke the door and found Dhruvi lying unconscious, with the right side of her body scalded due to hot water," he said.
"She fell unconscious after breathing carbon monoxide emitted from a bathroom geyser. Scant oxygen supply in the bathroom affected her brain and caused convulsions," said Dr Vivek Chaurasia of Mangalmoorti Hospital in Gorai where the teen was being treated.
She was on ventilator support and died on January 10, which also happened to be her birthday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Fans Love Shehnaz Gill, Rashami Desai Singing Illegal Weapon, Watch Video
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- Kids Have This Really Cool Trick With Apple AirPods to Talk Without Actually Speaking
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Killed in Copter Crash, Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani and Others Share Condolences
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win