In Fresh Round of Talks, Pompeo, Jaishankar Discuss Strategic Bilateral Ties, Developments in Kashmir
S Jaishankar and Mike Pompeo met at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department on Monday. A readout of the meeting by the State Department was issued two days later.
File photo of S Jaishankar and Mike Pompeo. (Reuters)
Washington: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in his meeting with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar discussed a range of issues including growing strategic bilateral ties, developments in Kashmir and global issues of concern, the State Department said Wednesday.
Jaishankar and Pompeo met at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department on Monday. A readout of the meeting by the State Department was issued two days later.
The two leaders "discussed a range of issues, including the growing US-India strategic relationship, developments in Kashmir, and global issues of concern", the State Department said.
"They also discussed plans to advance our complementary visions of a free and open Indo-Pacific region following the successful Quadrilateral Consultations on the margins of the UN General Assembly last week, said a readout of their meeting.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge