Drive on Wrong Side Twice in Gujarat, Lose your Licence Permanently and Get Blacklisted
If the same person is caught breaking the rule, his licence will be cancelled permanently and he will be blacklisted by the RTO.
Gujarat traffic police along with Regional Transport Office (RTO) have come up with a strict measure to curb wrong-side driving in the state. All offenders caught twice driving on the wrong side of the road will be blacklisted and their licence will be cancelled for permanently.
If caught breaching the rule for the first time, an FIR will be lodged against the person and his licence will be suspended for three to six months. If the same person is again caught breaking the rule, his licence will be cancelled permanently and he will be blacklisted by the RTO, reported Times of India.
Traffic authorities in different states keep coming up with initiatives to curb traffic offences as India has the highest road-accident fatality rate in the world.
Early this year, Pune traffic officials installed tyre killers across the state to restrict people from driving on the wrong side. Tyre killers are essentially metal strips that act as speed breakers for the person driving on the right side.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works