In Letter to Rohtak Police, 'JeM' Threatens to Bomb Mumbai, Chennai & Bengaluru Railway Stations
The letter states that the JeM would avenge the killings of its militants by blowing up railway stations, including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Rajasthan and Haryana's Rohtak, Rewari and Hisar on October 8.
Image for representation.
Chandigarh: A letter purportedly sent by Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) has threatened of bomb attacks at several railway stations, including Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru, police said on Sunday.
The letter written in Hindi was sent by ordinary mail to the railway police in Rohtak, an official of the Rohtak police said. He said the letter is signed by one Masood Ahmed and was received on Saturday.
The letter states that the JeM would avenge the killings of its militants by blowing up railway stations in several parts of the country, including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Rajasthan and Haryana's Rohtak, Rewari and Hisar on October 8. Police said investigations are underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Will Never Make Music with Nick Jonas
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Facebook Friends Who Met for the First Time During Durga Puja Get Married in 4 Hours
- Copenhagen Climate Summit: Arvind Kejriwal Reiterates Focus on Electric Buses, Odd-Even Scheme
- Carlsberg Wants to Bring The World’s First Beer Bottles Made From Paper to The Market