In Pitch-dark UP Govt Hospital, Elderly Patient Receives Stitches Under Mobile Flashlight
The patient, an elderly man, was involved in a road accident and brought to the government hospital by his son. He was then given stitches by a medical staff as another stood holding the mobile phone.
The man receives stitches under a mobile phone flash light. (Image: Twitter/@ANI)
New Delhi: A road accident victim in Shikohabad in Uttar Pradesh's Firozabad district was administered stitches under a mobile phone flashlight due to lack of electricity in the District Combined Hospital.
The patient, an elderly man, was involved in a road accident and brought to the government hospital by his son, Manoj Kumar. He was then given stitches by a medical staff as another stood holding the mobile phone.
"The doctor was not present in his room at the hospital when my father was brought here," Kumar was quoted a saying by ANI.
"Electricity might not have been available at the time in the hospital, that is why the treatment was given using the phone's flashlight. There is an inverter at the hospital but it might have gotten discharged," ANI quoted Dr. Abhishek, who was on duty.
The doctor expressed his helplessness and said that he would report the incident to the Chief Medical Officer.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough