In Second Case of Cannibalism, 12-year-old Tiger Eaten by Another in MP’s National Park
The patrolling party spotted another tiger, identified as eight-year old T-56, eating the carcass of T-36 in the Magarnala forest area under Kisli zone of KTR.
Mandla: An adult tiger was killed and eaten by another tiger in the Kanha national park in Madhya Pradesh, an official said Friday.
This was the second incident of cannibalism reported from the Kanha Tiger Reserve (KTR) in the last two months.
KTR field director L Krishnamurty said initial probe suggests the tiger, aged 12, possibly died following a territorial fight with another wild cat.
The dead feline was known as T-36 and its carcass was spotted Thursday by a patrolling party, he said.
The patrolling party spotted another tiger, identified as eight-year old T-56, eating the carcass of T-36 in the Magarnala forest area under Kisli zone of KTR, Krishnamurty said.
The forest team is still monitoring the area, he said.
In the third week of January, a tiger had killed and eaten a tigress in KTR.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 21 Written Updates: Paras Feels Salman is Picking on Him, Abu Malik Evicted
- 'Bhag Bhag Aaya Sher': Cricket Fans Decode Virat Kohli’s Viral Expression During Ranchi Test
- This Man Has the Same Pathological Laughing Disorder as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069