Income Tax Official Arrested by CBI For Accepting Bribe
CBI has arrested an Income Tax official for allegedly taking Rs five lakh bribe from a doctor.
Representative photo (Reuters)
Kochi: CBI has arrested an Income Tax official for allegedly taking Rs five lakh bribe from a doctor.
Dinesh, Inspector (Investigation), Income Tax Department, Ernakulam, was caught red handed on Friday while demanding and accepting Rs five lakh from Dr Sabine S, consultant in Infertility and Laproscopic clinic, the agency said on Saturday.
Sabine had preferred a complaint to the CBI, since he was not willing to pay the bribe amount.
"The bribe amount was recovered in the presence of witnesses. Subsequently the accused was then arrested and is being produced before the Court. Search was conducted at the residential premises of the accused," said Shiyas A, Superintendent of Police, CBI Anti Corruption Branch, in a release.
CBI said Dinesh has been charged under Section 7 of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The FIR in the case was filed before the Court of Special Judge-III, CBI, Ernakulam.
According to the agency, Dinesh visited the hospital of Sabine and scrutinised documents relating to Income Tax.
He allegedly demanded Rs 10 lakh from the doctor, saying that he had done some "favours" to him.
Since the complainant was not ready to pay this bribe amount, Dinesh reduced the demand to Rs five lakh.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Gives Hilarious Response to a Fan Who Asked If He Could Call Her 'Alia Kapoor'
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- YouTube's 'Chill' Response to the Most Disliked Video Gets a Thumbs Down From Fans
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: Motorcycle Of The Year
- Top 5 Android Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 From Honor, Realme, Xiaomi And More to Buy This Christmas
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s