Income Tax Proceedings Against AAP Minister Satyendar Jain To Continue: HC
There is no end to the legal troubles of Delhi state Cabinet minister and senior AAP leader Satyendra Jain. The Delhi High Court on Wednesday refused to stay the Income Tax proceedings against the minister in an ongoing money laundering case.
File image of Satyendar Jain (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: There is no end to the legal troubles of Delhi state Cabinet minister and senior AAP leader Satyendar Jain. The Delhi High Court on Wednesday refused to stay the Income Tax proceedings against the minister in an ongoing money laundering case.
The HC was not convinced by Jain’s petition to dismiss the case and refused to issue the notification. The petition of the AAP leader was being opposed by the Income Tax Department. The court has set July 6 as the date on which it will hear the case next.
The I-T Department had registered a case against Jain under the new Benami Transactions Prohibition Act. The department had provisionally attached land and other assets worth Rs 33 crore in this case. The CBI, too, had registered a case against Jain on the I-T Department’s recommendation.
Jain moved the HC, alleging political vendetta. In his petition, Jain had claimed that the new Act is not applicable in his case since the alleged transactions were made before the new law was enacted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Nach Baliye 9: Raveena Tandon Confronts Shantanu Maheshwari Over Claims of Bias
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5