Income Tax Return Last Date Today: 4 Filing Methods to Know
E-Filing your Income Tax Return on the official website of Income Tax Department of India is simple and quick.
July 31st 2017 is the last date for filing your Income Tax Return for the Financial Year (FY) 2016-17. If you still have not filed your ITR FY2016-17 as yet, you can file it right away from the below mentioned four modes of filing Income Tax Returns in India:
1. Direct Walk-in
If your income is less than ₹5 Lakhs for FY2016-17, then you can just directly walk-in to the nearest Income Tax Office and file your return by filling up a form. However, the downside of Direct Walk-in is that you cannot claim a refund.
2. e-Filing your ITR on incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
e-Filing your Income Tax Return on the official website of Income Tax Department of India is simple and quick. You first need to register yourself by furnishing details like PAN Card, Aadhaar ID, etc and then need to fill the ITR- 1 Sahaj Form if you are an Individual or if you are an Individual/HUF then fill ITR – 2, 3 4 Sugam Form, follow a few steps and submit. You need to upload your Digital Signatures to complete the e-filing process on the website itself. However if you do not have a DSC, then you can generate ITR – V form and manually sign it and send it to the address given on the website.
3. e-File your ITR via Third Party e-filing portals
Many e-filing websites and e-filing apps have mushroomed in India in the past few years, through which you can comfortably e-File your ITR with nominal charges at the comfort of your home or office. Some websites give online Chat Support and even Phone Support.
4. File Your ITR via Chartered Accountants
The good old way to file Income Tax Returns till date, filing ITRs with the help of Chartered Accountants make the process seamless with some Professional Fee. CAs ensure your ITR is filed in the best way possible as they tell you numerous ways how you can save tax legally by leveraging various Sections from 80C to 80G of Income Tax Act and get a Refund too.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones