Delhi-based Photojournalist Covering Sri Lanka Blasts Arrested for Trespassing
The journalist was temporarily at Colombo for the coverage of the aftermath of the Easter Sunday bombings that killed over 250 people and wounded nearly 500 others.
Colombo: An India-based photo journalist, who was in Sri Lanka to cover the aftermath of Easter Sunday bombings, was arrested by Sri Lankan police for alleged unauthorised entry into a school.
Siddiqui Ahamad Danish, who works for Reuters news agency and is based in New Delhi, was arrested when he allegedly attempted to forcibly enter a school in Negombo city to speak to its authorities.
He was arrested on the charges of unauthorised entry and was later remanded by the Negombo magistrate till May 15, police said.
According to local media reports, the journalist had attempted to enter the school to obtain information regarding a student killed in the bombing of St Sebastian's Church when parents who were at the school at the time alerted the police.
The journalist was temporarily here for the coverage of the aftermath of the Easter Sunday bombings that killed over 250 people and wounded nearly 500 others.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Cardi B Once Drugged, Robbed Late Rapper Chinx Drugz
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring