India Condemns Attack in Afghanistan, Asks International Community to Fight Terror Unitedly
The Ministry of External Affairs said the international community must unite in the fight against terrorism and hold the perpetrators and sponsors of terrorism to account.
File photo of MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar. (File photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: India condemned the heinous terror attack in Afghanistan's Kabul on Tuesday and asserted that the international community must unite in the fight against terrorism.
A suicide attack targeting a military academy in the Afghan capital killed at least five persons early Tuesday, the first major assault in the city in months.
India in the strongest terms condemns the heinous terrorist attack, which led to the casualties of a number of Afghan nationals on Tuesday morning in front of the Marshal Fahim National Defence University in Kabul, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said in a statement.
"We express our heartfelt condolences to the relatives of the deceased and the injured and to the government and people of Afghanistan. We pray for the speedy recovery of those injured," it said.
The international community must unite in the fight against terrorism and hold the perpetrators and sponsors of terrorism to account, the MEA said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Records 'Hottest Temperature' in Antarctica, Shows Shocking Images of Melting Snow
- Shibani Dandekar Shares Loved up Pic with Farhan Akhtar to Mark 2 Years of Dating
- US Law Aimed to Curb Spread of Child Porn May Kill Encryption on Apps Like WhatsApp
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets