India Joins Group of Nations Which Have Banned Instant Triple Talaq
The strike down by the apex court puts India into the enviable group of countries that have banned the practice of instant triple talaq.
Representative photo. (Network18 Creatives)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court called the practice of instant triple talaq ‘unconstitutional’ and further said that the constitution will not protect the divorce as it is impermissible under Quran. The strike down by the apex court puts India into the enviable group of countries that have banned instant talaq. Here are the others:
(Image: Network 18 creative)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Deepika Padukone's 'Daddie' Remark for Ranveer Singh Has Fans Guessing if She's Pregnant
- Here's Why Chris 'Thor' Hemsworth Wished Shamita Shetty on Her Birthday
- Ashes 2019: Ponting Advises Warner to Take Aggressive Route Against Broad