India Key Player in US' South Asia Strategy, Says Pentagon
India is helping with respect to the South Asian Strategy. They've provided a tremendous amount of developmental aid. They've also offered to help with aviation maintenance, said Dana White, Pentagon's Chief Spokesperson.
File photo of the Pentagon, Arlington County, Virginia, US. (Image:Reuters)
Washington: India is a key player in President Donald Trump's South Asia Strategy, the Pentagon has said, adding that New Delhi has offered the United States with aviation maintenance and developmental aid.
"Our relationship with India is multifaceted. India is helping with respect to the South Asian Strategy. They've provided a tremendous amount of developmental aid. They've also offered to help with aviation maintenance," Pentagon's Chief Spokesperson, Dana White, told reporters at a news conference on Thursday.
She was responding to questions on India's role in fight against terrorism.
"There's an opportunity. India's a perfect example of where the (defence) secretary wants to find and build relationships with partners, and so that's what we are doing. And with respect to the South Asia Strategy, they are a key player in ensuring its success," White said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work