India Post Starts Speed Post Service to Six New Foreign Countries
EMS is a premium service that enables its users to send documents and merchandise faster and with the added facility of being able to track the movement of the item on the internet.
New Delhi: India Post on Wednesday expanded speed post service to six new foreign destinations in Asia, Europe and South America.
"The Department of Posts has announced commencing of International Speed Post (EMS) Service to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Ecuador, Kazakhstan, Lithuania and North Macedonia," the postal department said in a statement.
EMS or Express Mail Service is a premium service that enables its users to send documents and merchandise faster and with the added facility of being able to track the movement of the item on the internet.
"This facility is expected to augment people to people contact with these countries and foster trade as EMS is popular channel for small and medium enterprises. The EMS service to these countries will henceforth be available at major post offices across India," the statement said.
India Post currently provides speed post service to 100 countries, as per the information available on its website.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Stone Tools Show Humans in India May have Survived Supervolcanic Eruption 74,000 Years Ago
- Save Money For a New House on This Super Earth That Scientists Are Sure Can Host Life
- Big Bang Theory, Part 2? Scientists Have Discovered The Biggest Explosion in The Universe
- The Earth Has a Second Moon, And No One Noticed All This While
- Meet the Young Girls from a Maharashtra Village Trying to Represent India in World Robotics