India Received Full Understanding from US on Kashmir, Says Foreign Ministry
India remained engaged with various stakeholders in the US, including the Trump administration, the Congress, civil society and others in addressing their questions on the issue, the MEA said.
File photo of External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar. (Pic: Twitter/ANI)
New Delhi: India said on Thursday it has received full understanding from across the political spectrum in the US over its decision relating to withdrawal of special status of Jammu and Kashmir.
External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said India remained engaged with various stakeholders in the US, including the Trump administration, the Congress, civil society and others in addressing their questions on the issue.
In August, India announced withdrawing special status of Jammu and Kashmir and dividing the state into two union territories.=
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Taimur Accompanied Mommy Kareena Kapoor on 20-day Shoot for Laal Singh Chaddha
- Maybe He Has Got too Carried Away with the Game, Says Paras Chhabra's Girlfriend Akanksha Puri
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game