India Seeks Consular Access and Repatriation of Two Nationals Who 'Crossed over Inadvertently' to Pakistan
The sudden arrest of two Indians, Prashant Vaindam and Dhari Lal — as reported by Pakistani media — came as a surprise as India had informed Pakistan that they may have crossed over inadvertently.
New Delhi: India on Thursday asked Pakistan to provide consular access to two of its nationals it has arrested and sought their repatriation without any harm.
The sudden arrest of two Indians, Prashant Vaindam and Dhari Lal — as reported by Pakistani media — came as a surprise as India had informed Pakistan that they may have crossed over inadvertently, the External Affairs Ministry spokesperson said at a briefing.
The MEA hoped that the arrested Indians don't become victims of Pakistani propaganda.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Fast and Furious' Vin Diesel and Daughter Similce Attend Premiere of Netflix Series
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway