Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sheikh Mohammad bin Zated Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, heads bilateral delegation-level talks at 12:15 PM on Wednesday following which a number of agreements, including one on the creation of an investment fund, are expected to be signed.
They will make a press statement at 1:30 PM.
On Thursday, Sheikh Mohamed will attend the Republic Day parade as the chief guest. A contingent of the UAE armed forces will also march along with the Indian armed forces during the parade.
PM Modi gives a press statement:
* We had a very fruitfull discussion with UAE
* We regard UAE as an imp partner in India's growth story.
* we welcome UAE's interest in investing in India's infra sector
* UAE is one of our most valued partners and a close friend, an important region of the world
* Security and defence cooperation have added growing new dimensions to our relationship, we have agreed to expand cooperation.
* UAE home to around 2.6 million Indians
* Thank Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi for allotting land for a temple in Abu Dhabi
* We also feel that our growing engagement in countering violence and extremism is necessary for securing our societies
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a restricted meeting with the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of U.A.E. Armed Forces, General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg, in New Delhi on January 25, 2017. (Image: PIB)
Stay tuned for Live updates.
15 Jan, 2019 | India in Australia AUS vs IND 298/950.0 overs 299/449.2 oversIndia beat Australia by 6 wickets
12 Jan, 2019 | India in Australia AUS vs IND 288/550.0 overs 254/950.0 oversAustralia beat India by 34 runs
11 - 14 Jan, 2019 | Pakistan in South Africa SA vs PAK 262/1077.4 overs 185/1049.4 oversSouth Africa beat Pakistan by 107 runs
11 Jan, 2019 | Sri Lanka in New Zealand NZ vs SL 179/720.0 overs 144/1016.5 oversNew Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 35 runs
08 Jan, 2019 | Sri Lanka in New Zealand NZ vs SL 364/450.0 overs 249/1041.4 oversNew Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 115 runs