Indian-American Hotelier Vikram Chatwal Accused of Burning 2 Dogs
Indian-American hotelier Vikram Chatwal has been charged with criminal mischief for allegedly trying to light two dogs on fire.
Indian-American hotelier Vikram Chatwal. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
New York: Indian-American hotelier Vikram Chatwal has been charged with criminal mischief for allegedly trying to light two dogs on fire.
Chatwal, 44 turned himself in to the police on Tuesday early morning at 7. He has been charged with criminal mischief, torture and injure animal, reckless endangerment and arson, a New York Police Department official told PTI.
According to a report in local news website patch.com, the charges stem from an October 7 incident in which Chatwal allegedly got into an argument with a woman walking the dogs outside Chatwals home.
Chatwal allegedly pulled out a lighter and aerosol can and used them to burn the two dogs, the report said.
It cited the police to say that the dogs suffered minor burns in the incident. Chatwal is expected to make a court appearance in the case later on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Calvin Harris, Madonna, Alia Bhatt and Others Mourn DJ Avicii's Sudden Demise
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X Detailed Image Gallery – See Pics
- Natalie Portman Explains Her Absence From Israeli Award; Says Not Boycotting the Country But Benjamin Netanyahu
- Beyond The Clouds Movie Review: A Bittersweet Drama That Runs But Never Flies
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?