Indian Exporters of Pharmaceuticals Wary of Tension Between India, Pakistan
The Indian pharmaceutical companies export over USD 140 million to Pakistan with 50% active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
Photo for representation.
Hyderabad: In the wake of escalated tensions between India and Pakistan, Indian exporters of
pharmaceuticals are apprehensive of their future.
According to a top official of the Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council, a body under the ministry of commerce, the agency was flooded with inquiries if there was any directive from the ministry on the continuance of exports to the neighbouring country.
The Indian pharmaceutical companies exports over USD 140 million to Pakistan with 50 per cent active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
"There are inquires from the exporters whether they can continue to supply or not. At this point of time, exporters are very cautious. There is a concern over the future, but as of now we are not in a position to say anything. We need to wait and watch," director general of Pharmexcil Udaya Bhaskar said.
A pharmaceutical company, which exports to Pakistan, said the firm was observing restraint under the current
A senior executive of a city-based pharma company said as there was tension between both the nations, exports may become costlier to some of the countries in the Middle-East as cargo and passenger flights need to avoid Pakistani skies and take a detour.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master