Indian Man Sentenced to over 21 Years for Child Pornography in US
The accused had pleaded guilty on April 11 this year. He met the 11-year-old through two online messaging apps and exchanged sexually-explicit images with the child.
Washington: A 30-year-old Indian national has been sentenced to 21 years and 10 months in prison for producing child pornography. Divesh Valanju had pleaded guilty on April 11 this year.
According to court documents, Valanju met an 11-year old child via two online messaging apps. He lied about his name on the apps and exchanged sexually-explicit images with the child.
On two occasions, Valanju arranged to meet the child at Max Hasse Park in Collier County in Florida. After the victim's parents dropped her off at the park purportedly to meet her friends, Valanju picked the child up, drove her to a motel and filmed sex acts that he performed with the child.
This case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Innocent Images Task Force. It was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Charles Schmitz.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead