Indian National Arrested for Hurling Bomb at Policeman in Nepal
Police constable sustained injuries after two motorcycle-borne men from India hurled the small bomb on Mathia police station located at Ishnath municipality-4 in the district near the border.
Image for representation.
Kathmandu: An Indian national was arrested on Tuesday after he hurled a bomb at a police station that injured a Nepali policeman in the country's Rautahat district near Nepal-India border, officials said.
Police constable Ranjit Yadav sustained injuries after two motorcycle-borne men from India hurled the small bomb on Mathia police station located at Ishnath municipality-4 in the district near the border.
Chandan Kumar, the Indian national from Bihar was arrested in connection with the incident while his compatriot remains absconding, police said.
However, the reason for the attack was not known immediately.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- IndiGo Passengers Stuck in Aerobridge for 8 Hours, Airline Blames Bad Weather for Delay
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch