Indian National Arrested in Pakistan for Not Carrying Travel Documents
An Indian national was arrested on Sunday in Islamabad's F-8 area for not carrying complete travel documents.
A screen grab of the Indian national, Sheikh Nabi, arrested in Pakistan. (CNN-News18)
New Delhi: An Indian national was arrested on Sunday from Islamabad's F-8 area for not carrying complete travel documents.
A case has been filed against him under Article 14 of the Foreign Act, PTI quoted Samaa TV as reporting.
He has been sent to jail on judicial remand, the report said.
According to police, the Indian national was walking along Nazimuddin Road in Sector F-8 when he was stopped at a check post. Police demanded to check his visa documents after he told them that he was an Indian. However, Ahmed could not produce any document and was taken into police custody, the Express Tribune reported.
Sources told CNN-News18 that Indian High Commission learned of Nabi's arrest only through media reports, and no official intimation has been made to them as yet.
The arrest comes days after Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav's death sentence - awarded by a Pakistani military court in April - was stayed by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague.
India had asserted that Jadhav was arrested from Iran, where he had been conducting business, while Pakistan claimed to have arrested him from the restive Balochistan province for anti-national activities.
Recommended For You
- AB de Villiers Bids Adieu: Top 5 ODI Knocks From Mr 360
- Exhibition Matches the Perfect Roadmap for Future Women's IPL
- OnePlus 6 Review: The Amitabh Bachchan of Flagship Smartphones
- Bangalore Based Indian Millionaire Adds Aston Martin V12 Vantage AMR Worth Rs 5 Crore to Garage - Watch Video
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Sets Temperatures Soaring With Chic Fashion Choices During Veere Di Wedding Promotions