Indian National Infected with Coronavirus in UAE is Now Stable, Says Embassy
An official of the embassy, however, did not say if the man had any travel history to China and also refused to divulge which state he hailed from.
Representative image (Reuters)
Dubai: An Indian expatriate found to be infected with coronavirus in the UAE on February 10 is in a stable condition, the Indian Embassy told Gulf News.
“The Indian is a 36-year-old male,” an embassy official said, adding “he a resident of the UAE”.
However, the official did not say if the man had any travel history to China and also refused to divulge which state he hailed from.
On February 10, the Ministry of Health said the Indian national was found infected with coronavirus in the latest such case in the UAE. “The Indian national had interacted with a recently diagnosed person,” the ministry had said in a statement.
"All reported cases are in stable condition, except for one case, who is being put under close observation by a team of senior consultants at the Intensive Care Unit," added the statement.
The man is among the eight cases of coronavirus detected in the UAE so far. Others include six Chinese nationals and one from Philippines.
Earlier this week, the UAE announced that one of the infected patients, a 73-year-old Chinese national, Liu Yujia, had recovered.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- Wanderlust? Deepika Padukone has the Perfect Weekend Travel Idea During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Priyanka Chopra on Plans to Start Family With Nick Jonas: It's Something I Definitely Want to Do
- Top 5 Free Racing Games You Can Play at Home to Beat the Coronavirus Lockdown
- Microsoft Xbox Series X Code Stolen in Cyber Attack on AMD, Reveals Company