Hyderabad Student Shot at in Chicago, Family Seeks Sushma Swaraj's Help
According to reports, 30-year-old Mohammed Akbar is pursuing masters in computer science from DeVry University in Illinois.
An injured Mohammed Akbar. (Photo courtesy: Twitter)
The incident took place at Albany Park area of Chicago. Mohammed Akbar is pursuing masters in computer science from DeVry University in Illinois, Times of India reported.
Akbar's family members said he was shot in the cheek and his situation is critical. Akbar's family lives in Uppal area of Hyderabad.
The family has approached External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj for help. On Sunday, they had also sought assistance from Telangana home minister Nayani Narasimha Reddy and asked him to raise the issue with US authorities.
@SushmaSwaraj @SushmaSwaraj @MEAQuery : Respected Madam; My brother Mohammed Akbar aged 30, a student living in Chicago - USA with his wife has been shot and seriously injured at around 8:45 AM (Central time zone) in the Albany park neighborhood on the northwest side on Wed.— Mohammed Ashraf (@Mohamme46760235) December 8, 2017
In February this year, an engineer from Hyderabad, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, was shot dead while two of his friends (one Indian) were seriously injured by a US Navy veteran who mistook them as 'Middle Eastern' in a crowded Austin's Bar and Grill in Olathe of Kansas in the United States on Wednesday night.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh Wedding: Twitter Breaks Out in Memes As DeepVeer Fans Wait For Photos
- Apple iPhone X Catches Fire During iOS 12.1 Update Process; Company to Investigate
- Millie Bobby Brown's Emotional Post After 'Stranger Things 3' Wrap Has Fans Worried
- Intel AI DevCon: Betting Big on Neural Compute Stick 2, And a Generous Dose of AI
- Samsung to Launch Galaxy A9 in India This Month; First Phone Ever with Quad Cameras