Indian Woman Told to Strip at Frankfurt Airport, Sushma Seeks Report
An Indian woman was allegedly asked to strip by security officials at Frankfurt airport, prompting External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday to seek a report from the Indian consul general concerned.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has sought a report from the Indian consul general. (Reuters)
New Delhi: An Indian woman was allegedly asked to strip by security officials at Frankfurt airport, prompting External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday to seek a report from the Indian consul general concerned.
Her tweet came following news reports based on the woman's Facebook post in which she alleged that she was asked to strip at the airport while she was on way to Iceland from Bengaluru on March 29.
"I'm always the 'chosen one' for random security checks — pat down, baggage check, lets take you into a room for a closer pat down etc. Of course it is random. Of course it is not because I'm brown. But this happens every time. Every. Single. Time," she alleged.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Vs Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple, OnePlus, Smartphones And More
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s