India's Ambassador to US, Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Appointed as Foreign Secretary
Harsh Vardhan Shringla will take over the charge of the foreign secretary on January 29 after incumbent Vijay Keshav Gokhale's 'two-year term' ends a day before.
File photo of India's Ambassador to the US Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
New Delhi: Harsh Vardhan Shringla, India's Ambassador to the US, has been appointed as the new foreign secretary, according to a Personnel Ministry order issued on Monday.
Shringla is a 1984-batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
He will take over the charge of the foreign secretary on January 29 after incumbent Vijay Keshav Gokhale's "two-year term" ends a day before, the order said.
The appointment has been cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, according to the order by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Australian Open 2020 Rafael Nadal vs Nick Kyrgios LIVE Score and Updates: Nadal Beats Kyrgios in 4 Sets, Through to Quarters
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears
- OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T Get OxygenOS 10.3.1 Update With Bug Fixes, December Security Patch