India's Per-capita Income Rises 6.8% to Rs 11,254 a Month During 2019-20
Poor performance of manufacturing and construction sectors is estimated to pull down the country's economic growth to 11-year low of 5 per cent in 2019-20.
New Delhi: The country's per-capita monthly income is estimated to have risen by 6.8 per cent to Rs 11,254 during 2019-20, government data on national income showed on Tuesday.
In 2018-19, the monthly per-capita income had stood at Rs 10,534.
"The per-capita net national income during 2019-20 is estimated to be Rs 1,35,050 showing a rise of 6.8 per cent as compared to Rs 1,26,406 during 2018-19 with the growth rate of 10.0 per cent," according to the annual national income and GDP 2019-20 data released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
The per-capita income is a crude indicator of the prosperity of a country.
Poor performance of manufacturing and construction sectors is estimated to pull down the country's economic growth to 11-year low of 5 per cent in 2019-20, according to first advance estimates of the national income released by the National Statistical Office.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- These 11 Memes Prove Why Masakali 2.0 Won't be Internet's Favourite WFH Anthem
- Tiger Shroff Shows Off His Chiseled Frame in This Throwback Image, Take a Look
- 'Gaming Disorder': This is How Avid Gamers will Look Like in Next 20 Years and It's Terrifying
- Zomato App is Turning Delivery Persons into Superheroes with Capes amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Vicky Kaushal, Ananya Panday, Parineeti Chopra Awestruck by Super Pink Moon