IndiGo Flight Makes Emergency Landing in Kolkata After Smoke in Aircraft
The Airbus A320 Neo aircraft, with 136 people on board, was on its way to Jaipur from Kolkata.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
New Delhi: An IndiGo aircraft with 136 people on board had to make an emergency landing in Kolkata on Monday night after the plane was filled with smoke.
The Airbus A320 Neo aircraft was on its way to Jaipur from Kolkata, the Times of India reported.
An IndiGo spokesperson confirmed that the carrier's flight 6E-237, operating on the Jaipur-Kolkata route, made an emergency landing as a precaution at Kolkata airport due to suspected smoke in cabin. "The flight landed safely at Kolkata. On reaching the bay a few passengers evacuated via the aft exit deployed slides, most passengers deplaned via front step ladder. There was no earlier report of any malfunction with the airplane,” he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami