- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Indigo Pilot Aborts Delhi-Bound Flight Minutes Before Take-Off, Nitin Gadkari Among Passengers
The pilot of IndiGo flight 6E 636 decided to abort the take-off and the plane returned to the taxiway.
File photo of senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
New Delhi: Union minister Nitin Gadkari and 158 other passengers were stranded after a Delhi-bound IndiGo flight returned to its bay on Tuesday following a caution message which the pilot observed during the engine start.
The aircraft returned to its bay for requisite checks after the pilot observed a 'momentary caution message', the airline said.
"The caution message reappeared during ground checks. The aircraft was withdrawn from service and is under maintenance at Nagpur," IndiGo said in a statement.
The airline said the aircraft was not involved in an aborted take-off. "A caution had appeared during engine start-up and appropriate operating procedures were followed," it added.
An airport official said flight 6E-636, using another aircraft, took off from Nagpur for Delhi at 1.54 pm, carrying "most of the 158 passengers, barring a few cancellations".
Asked if Gadkari was on board the flight, the official said, "He may have requisitioned another aircraft or boarded another flight."
As per schedule, the IndiGo flight 6E-636 was supposed to take off from the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport here at 7.50 am and reach Delhi at 9.35 am.
Gadkari's office here confirmed that the senior BJP leader, who is a Lok Sabha member from Nagpur constituency, was on board the first flight when the aircraft returned to the bay for requisite checks.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- Australian Open 2020 LIVE Score and Updates: Novak Djokovic Reaches Quarters as Coco Gauff Crashes Out, Roger Federer to Play Next
- Republic Day 2020: Patriotic Fervour Runs High Among B-town Celebs as They Post Pics With Tricolour
- Won't be Surprised if I Woke Up with Kartik Aaryan in Bed, Says Alaya F
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online