IndiGo Pilot Declares Mayday Minutes Before Landing in Chennai After Plane’s Engine Suffers Glitch
An emergency was declared at the Chennai airport as flight 6E 7123 did a go around and finally landed.
Photo for representation only (Reuters)
New Delhi: The passengers of an IndiGo flight, travelling from Rajahmundry to Chennai on Monday, had a narrow escape after the plane suffered a technical glitch midair.
The pilot was forced to declare mayday minutes before landing in Chennai after the engine of the aircraft developed a technical fault.
A full emergency was declared at the Chennai airport as flight 6E 7123 did a go around and finally landed, said news agency ANI. All passengers have been reported safe.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it