Indo-US Cooperation Has Seen Tremendous Growth in Last Five Years, Says Rajnath Singh
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh’s statement came following an interaction with US senators Ted Cruz and Maggie Hassan.
File photo of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. (PTI)
New Delhi: The Indo-US cooperation has seen tremendous growth in the last five years, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on Friday, and expressed hope that the strategic partnership will flourish further in the coming years after an interaction with US senators.
US Senators Ted Cruz (Republican - Texas) and Maggie Hassan (Democrat - New Hampshire) called on Singh here. "During the meeting, Singh expressed satisfaction over the progress made in the partnership between India and the US, and discussed ways to further strengthen the bilateral defence relationship," according to a statement by the Defence Ministry.
He termed the US as the world's oldest democracy and one of the most important and trusted partners of India.
"India-US cooperation has seen tremendous growth in the last five years. Rajnath Singh expressed hope that the strategic partnership will expand and flourish further in the coming years," the statement added.
Singh also appreciated the role played by the US in countering terrorism. He reiterated India's commitment to work with the international community in combating the menace plaguing the world.
US Ambassador to India Kenneth Juster and officials of the Ministry of Defence also attended the meeting.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jabra Elite 75t Review: These Wireless Earbuds Are Absolutely Brilliant And Worth Every Penny
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets